PharmEasy - Manager - Legal
Posted on Monday, August 7, 2023
Legal ManagerJob Description for Manager / Senior Manager - Legal - Thyrocare Technologies Limited (Thyrocare / TTL)Designation: Manager / Senior ManagerPQE: 5-6 yearsLocation: MumbaiCompany Overview: Thyrocare is a public listed company and also India's first fully automated diagnostic laboratory with a focus on providing quality at affordable costs to laboratories and hospitals in India. Thyrocare has 1 centralized processing laboratory in Navi Mumbai, 3 zonal processing labs, 20+ regional processing labs in major metro cities and 4 COVID labs in India. With this network of laboratories, we can now serve high-quality diagnostic services in every 200-km radius in the country. We have focused on strong technologies, strong brands and strong systems that enable us to give our clients the best of science and technology at an affordable cost.Purpose: The candidate will be responsible for the Legal function for TTL and its group of companies. The role is to ensure smooth functioning of all the legal activities in the Company including but not limited to compliance with all regulations, laws and policy guidelines and collaborate with internal/external stakeholders/attorneys. The candidate will efficiently ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of risk exposure. Key Accountabilities
- Drafting of written statements, issuing and replying to statutory legal notices, counters, company petitions, complaints, representation letters to regulators, etc.
- Representing TTL before various regulatory authorities, government officials as well as industry groups to ensure ongoing compliance with local regulatory requirements. Liaison with local authorities both on regulatory, statutory and other aspects.
- Business partner and advisor to TTL and its' group companies on all legal matters including real time mapping of legal and regulatory compliance pertaining to Drugs and Cosmetics Act and Rules, Payments law, Fintech, Company law, Data Privacy, e-commerce related laws and regulations etc., Consumer Protection Act and Rules, Legal Metrology Act and Rules, IP Laws, FEMA Regulations, SEBI regulations, etc. and advise various teams and ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
- Litigation - Dealing with all matters related to Litigation, Arbitrations, Consumer Disputes/ complaints and co-ordinate and liaise with outside counsels. Good knowledge and experience of court procedure is preferable.
- Must have a good knowledge of Medico legal and pharma related laws and regulations and should have a prior experience in healthcare and diagnostics sector.
- Formulating legal processes for the Company including processes for managing IP violations, issuing legal notices, preparing standard drafts and SOPs and other related areas.
- Drafting, vetting, negotiation, and finalization of business agreements including vendor contracts, NDA, MOUs, Marketing agreements, RFPs, LOIs, franchise / collaboration agreements, supply chain agreements, employment contracts, business support agreements, loan agreements, lease deeds, affidavits, POA and all forms of legal arrangements. These could include both domestic and international agreements.
- End to end legal support for fund raising activities including review of shareholders agreements, share subscription agreements, share purchase agreements, assisting in Due Diligence exercise which involves coordination across teams, providing responses to all investor queries, drafting and collating responses in a timely manner, explaining legal structure to investor/third party counsels over calls, discussions.
- Adept with legal research on all relevant laws and regulations, including case law search.
- Be a SPOC to maintain MIS trackers and create a repository for all documents of the legal team. Periodic MIS reporting to the management as well as central team.
- Bachelors / Master's degree in law from a top law school with at least 5+ years of experience working as an in-house counsel.
- Team oriented/ strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) - Must be comfortable working in dynamic and diverse teams.
- Self-motivated / driven to succeed - High level of initiative and ability to lead and work autonomously.
- Should stay updated on changes in legislations and regulations in the country that may impact business.
- Ability to work in high pressure situations (on a need basis) and should be available in office for all working days (remote working option, once a week).