Technical Lead - DevOps
PharmEasy was founded in 2015 with the sole purpose to make healthcare easily available, accessible and affordable to all through the extensive use of new-age cutting-edge technology. Today, we are one of India's largest healthcare aggregators connecting lakhs of patients to licensed pharmacies & diagnostic centres online for all their medical needs. We are particularly catering to the chronic-care segment, and offer a range of services including medicine delivery, tele-consultation, sample collection for diagnostic tests as well as subscription-based services for all these categories.
Our highly efficient and technology led Consumer and Supply-chain platforms ensure that medicines are delivered from a licensed pharmacy within six hours of the validation of prescriptions submitted by our customers. And such customer promises are improving with the increasing scale of our business, and continuous product innovation.
By extensively leveraging the latest in hardware and software technology, we are also committed to eradicate fake medicines from the Pharma ecosystem that contribute to roughly 30% of drug volumes in India. Our product innovations have allowed for complete data transparency in the entire Pharma supply-chain to empower even the end-users to validate the authenticity and genuineness of the medicines for every medicine sold, using constructs such as unique barcoding of information like expiry dates, origination of drugs etc.
With our scalable technology and processes, we are now reliably delivering healthcare services and medicines to every single pin code in the country.
System Engineering @ Pharmeasy
System engineering ensures that the application software infrastructure is sufficiently robust, scalable, reliable and fault tolerant. System engineers create the necessary infrastructure systems and network the proprietary cloud applications that PharmEasy tech team builds. As Systems Engineers, you will work closely with the application architects and be involved in the decisions about how to secure the applications and its data effectively. You will not only operate on the software layers, but will get to optimize systems parameters and recommend hardware to build an optimal application and deployment architecture for the core applications.. You will also help in determining and recommending the kind of hardware and software that the applications should be leveraging to operate optimally. You will evaluate and implement new DevOps tools and technologies that are emerging and use your assessments to provide recommendations about what technology should be integrated into the existing systems.
● As an integral part of the System Engineering team, primarily work on infrastructure and production related tech stacks.
● Setting up and maintaining clusters.
● Ensure timely upgrades of the infra by providing rolling upgrades.
● Maintain and manage services on cloud infra like AWS.
● Work on org level initiatives like CI , metrics and alerting.
● Collaborate with different teams in order to understand / resolve infra availability , scalability and consistency issues.
● Be involved in Knowledge Sharing (Knowledge Base Articles, Documentation, Forums, Blogs, etc.)
● Exhibit continuous improvement on technical knowledge and problem resolution skills and strive for excellence
What are we looking for?
● 5+ years of experience in DevOps role with experience in managing infrastructure cluster setups.
● Understanding of one of Relational Databases such as MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, SQL Server.
● Excellent command on Linux with ability to write small scripts in Bash/Python. Ability to grapple with log files and unix processes.
● Prior experience on Hadoop, Map-Reduce, Hive, and any NoSQL database like HBase would be an added advantage. Prior experience of working on messaging queues like Kafka.
● Prior experience in working on cloud services, preferably AWS.
● Experience developing telemetry, metrics, and usage analysis using monitoring and logging tools (like New Relic, Cloud Watch, Data Dog, ELK stack)
● Familiar with the challenges surrounding efficient operations and failure mode analysis in large complex distributed systems
● Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, etc) is a plus
● Experience with Docker and Kubernetes experience is a plus.
● Ability to learn complex new things quickly
● Occasional involvement in DevOps support over weekends/ early mornings/ late nights.
● Be a team player with an ability to work under pressure with good time management skills