Five billion people in the world do not have access to safe and affordable surgery, and this is a problem everywhere, not just in developing countries. Proximie is on the mission to save lives by democratizing healthcare through digital transformation; it is harnessing the power of telepresence, content management, and data and insights. Proximie is a rapidly growing, mission-driven health care SaaS platform that can virtually transport a surgeon into any operating room in the world, to remotely view, assist, mentor, or train not only other surgeons but also all healthcare staff and medical interns. Helping scale surgical expertise, from world-renowned hospital theatres to conflict zones, we save lives by sharing the world’s best clinical practice and give every single clinician real-time insight so they can provide optimal patient care to every patient, every time.
Founded in 2016 by Dr. Nadine Hachach Haram an NHS surgeon, Proximie is headquartered in London, has offices in Boston and Lebanon, has over 150 employees, and is deployed in over 50 countries around the world today.
Check out Nadine’s Origins Story here: https://www.proximie.com/about-us/
We are looking for a data engineer based in Beirut to join Proximie’s data engineering team. As we grow as a company, our data becomes more important than ever. We need to expose it to make analytical decisions, store it securely, move it between different systems, all the while ensuring that we adhere to healthcare and data protection regulations.
Working as a data engineer, you would be part of a team working on:
- Managing and improving our cloud data lakehouse for analytic and aggregate data.
- Building data pipelines.
- Developing foundations for handling larger volumes of streaming data.
- Manage our cloud data infrastructure using IaC tooling.
- Assist teams on integrating with the data lake and consuming from it.
- Developing customer-facing data products, such as APIs and data timelines
- Help develop our machine learning data capabilities.
You’ll be working closely with the other Proximie development teams and colleagues outside engineering.
We’re open to candidates who are passionate about technology and excited by Proximie’s mission. If you do not meet all the below and believe you can make a difference at Proximie please still get in touch.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2+ years as a Data Engineer with experience developing and supporting data lakes, warehouses or preferably even a data lakehouse.
- Experience with data pipelines.
- Data visualisation experience.
- Experience across AWS products such as S3, Glue, EMR, Lambda, Aurora, or other databases.
- Able to work as a team to deliver against requirements in a collaborative and agile way.
- Ability to communicate across teams to deliver the best outcome for all.
Nice To Have
- Experience with pipelines and visualisations of commercial, sales and financial data.
- Certification from a major cloud provider, ideally AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate or higher).
- Experience in creating data systems compliant with HIPAA, GDPR and related frameworks.
- Experience of testing, CI and monitoring data-driven applications.
- Experience working with third-party APIs.
- Experience with dbt, Snowflake or DataBricks.
- Experience with orchestration tools e.g., Airflow.
- Experience with messaging and event-processing platforms.
- Experience with Terraform.
Why Work for Proximie?
- You will be encouraged to grow in your role, take ownership and gain responsibilities.
- Generous annual leave.
- Two “well-being” days per year plus the day off for your birthday.
- “Summer Fridays” – early office closing on Fridays during summer months.
- Bi-annual bonus programme – based on individual contribution.
- To support your professional growth, all permanent employees will have access to an annual stipend of $1,000 to assist with personal development activities.
- Flexible working hours - we trust our people to manage their time and to focus on wider results.
- A flat organizational structure where every opinion matters, ideas are cultivated, and innovation is encouraged.
- Proximie is a truly global company with teams across the UK, Europe, United States, Middle East, and Australia - with that, you will have opportunities to see the world.
Proximie is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under the law.