General Manager - UK Delivery
The Delivery Operations team at Slerp is a small, fast-paced, high-performing group responsible for all the strategy and operations around our delivery business. This team is central to Slerp’s continued success. We work closely with senior leadership, account management, product, our restaurant partners, and courier providers to ensure the success of delivery operations and satisfaction of our end customers.
We’re looking for an experienced, data-oriented and enthusiastic General Manager - UK Delivery to lead our lean Partner Operations and Customer Support teams. You’ll play a pivotal role in our continued growth and success, using data to identify key areas for operational improvement and relentlessly implementing these improvements into our operating model - all while maintaining our best-in-class customer experience.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Own all delivery operations, courier partner relations, strategy and execution for the business
- Build and lead a high-performing Delivery Operations team, providing mentorship, guidance, and support to foster a culture of excellence and customer focus.
- Scale our operational capabilities 1000x from where they are today
We’re excited about you because:
- You’re Impact Motivated -- You have a natural desire to improve the overall business efficiently and are a doer
- You’re Data Oriented – You make decisions based on data. You’re comfortable getting into the numbers in order to identify and fully understand problems
- You’re Strategic -- You love to find the win-win to create a more scalable long-term business. You think deeply about the decisions you make, and can articulate the “why” effectively
- You’re Resourceful -- You are happy juggling many priorities concurrently and being creative with solutions to move fast
- You have 4+ years of experience in strategy & operations, a fast-moving startup, management consulting, business strategy, and/or investment banking; experience at a last-mile delivery company a plus
- You have a bachelor’s degree; MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- You have proven success working in cross-functional teams to build creative solutions
- You are a problem solver at your core, with a strong bias for action
- You are passionate about using analytics to build insights around problems and opportunities. Proficient with SQL a plus
- You like rolling up your sleeves just as much as you like the big picture/thinking big
- You’re comfortable with a fast pace and several moving parts
- You know how to take very broad challenges or opportunities and turn them into actionable projects with clear milestones and goals, with minimal guidance