Senior Product Designer
Posted on Saturday, October 8, 2022
Spendesk is looking for a passionate and empathetic Senior Product Designer who is eager to be involved in the entire product development process, from early research and ideation to tweaking pixels to shipping and post-launch.
You can identify problems and opportunities, and frame them in a way that guides your squad to deliver impactful work. You collaborate cross-functionally to develop a vision and drive projects to completion. You’re motivated by goals and outcomes, staying focused on the big picture while giving care to the details when necessary. You iterate quickly and utilize data and user research to ensure you’re on the right path toward your goal. You help champion design thinking within your squad, the design team, and the broader Product organization. You work humbly and kindly, aren’t afraid to make mistakes, admit failure, and learn from it. You’re always looking to improve yourself and to lift up others around you.
What you will do:
- Design simple data and research-based flows and experiences that improve growth metrics
- Partner with PMs, engineers, other designers, and stakeholders across the company to deliver products and features from conception to launch
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale verbally and visually to a variety of audiences (team members, your squad, company-wide, execs)
- Own the success or failure of your design work: validate your designs and initiate improvements
- Constantly seek and respectfully provide design feedback
- Help refine our processes and define best practices for design at Spendesk
Your Competency Profile:
- 4+ years of Product Design experience
- A well-rounded design skill set (including product thinking, UX, UI)
- Self-awareness and ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- An appreciation for the entire product development cycle: research, problem definition, ideation, solution design, validation, and iteration
- Strong communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals
- A mindset focused on learning and professional growth
- Spoken and written English skills required
Nice to have:
- Prior work experience on a FinTech or technical SaaS product
- Prior work on a PLG-focused team
- Experience working in Figma
- Passion for working collaboratively in a dynamic, international context
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
Spendesk is the 7-in-1 spending solution built for finance teams to make faster, smarter spending decisions. Founded in 2016, Spendesk is now one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe, with over 4,000 customers and an international team of 500+ employees based in Paris, Berlin, London, Hamburg, and remote. We’ve raised over €260M from leading investors, and been named a French tech unicorn. And we’re not stopping there!
About our people & culture
We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. That’s why liberation is at the core of everything we do. We empower Spendeskers to take ownership of their work, to navigate ambiguity, and seize every opportunity. Spendeskers come from all over the world (35+ countries and counting!) but we have plenty in common: we're bold, ever-curious, committed to kindness, and tackle every challenge with a positive mindset.
About our benefits
Our culture is built on trust, empowerment, and growth — with benefits to match!
- 100% reimbursed public transport to the office or bike perk of 30 Euro
- Latest Apple equipment (MacBook Air)
- 28 days of annual leave
- Monthly budget of €50 for wellness-related spending
- Access to Moka.care (platform for emotional and mental well-being)
- A friendly remote policy
- 3 days onboarding trip to Paris & access to our other offices across Europe
- Great office snacks to fuel your day
- A positive team to work with daily!
Diversity & Inclusion
At Spendesk, we're committed to fostering an environment where all differences are encouraged, supported and celebrated. We're building our culture for everyone, with everyone. Our goal is to attract and build a diverse, equal and inclusive team, where everyone feels welcome and we truly embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
See more open positions at Spendesk
Something looks off?