Senior Software Engineer - Banking
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2022
The banking team within Spendesk oversees everything thing related to money. From generating virtual cards, to making a wire transfer, or maintaining balance for customer accounts. This critical part of the software requires secure and reliable solutions. Your work is to develop and maintain the API that offers banking services within Spendesk, and the back office that allows internal auditors to operate the banking platform.
We expect engineers to be able to work on every part of the feature, specs, technical design, development, testing, documentation, and maintenance. Money doesn't allow approximation; in the banking squad, we don't compromise over quality.
Finally, your job is not only about writing code, we are looking for great team players. As money is at the heart of our system, you’ll get to work closely with anyone across the company and every decision you’ll make may have a huge impact.
- Node.js for our backend and banking applications
- React/Redux on the frontend of the Backoffice.
- PostgreSQL for data storage, Redis and SQS for jobs and queues
- Terraform to define our infrastructure
- AWS to run all of this
- Github actions for CI.
What we're looking for:
- Numerous years’ experience in back-end development with respect to state-of-the-art practices
- Strong experience in designing distributed and secure systems
- Experience with NodeJS on large scale backend applications
- Good knowledge of micro-services architectures
- Experience designing, building and maintaining APIs
- A product focussed mindset
- Comfortable with DevOps aspects
- Autonomy, fast-learning and proactiveness
- Good knowledge on testing best practices
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
Spendesk is the 7-in-1 spending solution built for finance teams to make faster, smarter spending decisions. Founded in 2016, Spendesk is now one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe, with over 4,000 customers and an international team of 500+ employees based in Paris, Berlin, London, Hamburg, and remote. We’ve raised over €260M from leading investors, and been named a French tech unicorn. And we’re not stopping there!
About our people & culture
We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. That’s why liberation is at the core of everything we do. We empower Spendeskers to take ownership of their work, to navigate ambiguity, and seize every opportunity. Spendeskers come from all over the world (35+ countries and counting!) but we have plenty in common: we're bold, ever-curious, committed to kindness, and tackle every challenge with a positive mindset.
About our benefits
Our culture is built on trust, empowerment, and growth — with benefits to match!
- 100% reimbursed public transport to the office or bike perk of 30 Euro
- Latest Apple equipment (MacBook Air)
- 28 days of annual leave
- Monthly budget of €50 for wellness-related spending
- Access to Moka.care (platform for emotional and mental well-being)
- A friendly remote policy
- 3 days onboarding trip to Paris & access to our other offices across Europe
- Great office snacks to fuel your day
- A positive team to work with daily!
Diversity & Inclusion
At Spendesk, we're committed to fostering an environment where all differences are encouraged, supported and celebrated. We're building our culture for everyone, with everyone. Our goal is to attract and build a diverse, equal and inclusive team, where everyone feels welcome and we truly embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.