Business Development Representative - Berlin or Hamburg
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2023
About the Team:
The team comprises ambitious professionals who enjoy working in a dynamic, hyper-growth workplace. They are a mix of junior and senior BDRs who support each other while enjoying fun team activities. Spendesk offers the team a clear career path and encourages individuals to succeed in their roles and grow personally. Team leads, who work closely with the BDRs, provide weekly coaching and 1:1s and work with each individual on their development plan. Furthermore, we offer external sales training by U.K. sales and transformation consultancies and our own online Spendesk Academy with great training courses and further development opportunities.
About the Role:
In this role, you are the first point of contact for our potential customers in the SMB and therefore play a vital role in the sales team at Spendesk. At the beginning of your journey, we prioritize your onboarding while training you on our product and mastering various sales techniques. We're thus looking for highly-motivated individuals with strong technical aptitudes and natural sales instincts to join our growing Sales team. We need someone with a hunter attitude and drive to work autonomously to foster, qualify and convert high-profile customers.
What you will do:
- Identify and research new potential Spendesk customers that see value in our solution
- Qualify leads using our sales methodology and engage with potential customers
- Proactively seek out new business opportunities using various contact channels such as calls, emails, LinkedIn, video-mails, and social selling
- Understand customer needs and buying cycle to gather critical prospect information, generate interest
- Achieve and overachieve individual monthly sales targets by delivering business value to our clients
- Be the eyes and ears of Spendesk on the market - you will be on the front line, so your inputs are critical to taking our company to the next level
Your Competency Profile:
- You already have experience working with customers, preferably in the B2B sector
- You are a strong communicator with excellent German (C2 level) and English skills, both written and spoken
- You are strategic and well-organized, able to prioritize your work efficiently
- You are a team player at heart, willing to share best practices and support others
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset - optimistic, resilient, and ready to take risks
- You have a curious mindset and a drive for continuous learning
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
Spendesk is the 7-in-1 spending solution built for finance teams to make faster, smarter spending decisions. Founded in 2016, Spendesk is now one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe, with over 4,000 customers and an international team of 500+ employees based in Paris, Berlin, London, Hamburg, and remote. We’ve raised over €260M from leading investors, and been named a French tech unicorn. And we’re not stopping there!
About our people & culture
We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. That’s why liberation is at the core of everything we do. We empower Spendeskers to take ownership of their work, to navigate ambiguity, and seize every opportunity. Spendeskers come from all over the world (35+ countries and counting!) but we have plenty in common: we're bold, ever-curious, committed to kindness, and tackle every challenge with a positive mindset.
About our benefits
Our culture is built on trust, empowerment, and growth — with benefits to match!
- 100% reimbursed public transport to the office or bike perk of 30 Euro
- Latest Apple equipment (MacBook Air)
- 28 days of annual leave
- Monthly budget of €50 for wellness-related spending
- Access to Moka.care (platform for emotional and mental well-being)
- A friendly remote policy
- 3 days onboarding trip to Paris & access to our other offices across Europe
- Great office snacks to fuel your day
- A positive team to work with daily!
Diversity & Inclusion
At Spendesk, we're committed to fostering an environment where all differences are encouraged, supported and celebrated. We're building our culture for everyone, with everyone. Our goal is to attract and build a diverse, equal and inclusive team, where everyone feels welcome and we truly embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
See more open positions at Spendesk
Something looks off?