Posted on Thursday, March 2, 2023
Spendesk is looking for a fullstack engineer wanting to have a real impact at Spendesk. As part of the Finance Controller squad, you will be responsible for delivering high quality features with high product impact to the Finance Controller persona.
The Finance Controller squad is one of the squads of our Product, Data & Engineering department, focusing on a set of features and the user journey in the product of the Finance Controller persona. The team is composed of three engineers, a product manager and a product designer.
As a team member of the squad, you will be working on delivering high quality features on the squad scope in conjunction with the Product Manager, and improving our existing code to the squad scope.
The Finance Controller ensures spend is accurately tracked towards every business objective without requiring manual and tedious data entries, provide decision makers with the ability to visualize spend data to forecast, analyze performance and take decisions towards spend allocations.
The Finance Controller also handle defining internal policies and rules for spend control, ensuring that the right transactions are made by employees.
- Implement secure, reliable and scalable solutions, improve our technical architecture and develop backend features
- Be responsible for all aspects of them: technical design, development, testing, documentation, deployment, and maintainability
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Ensure software is updated with latest features
- Partner effectively with all team members to deliver against commitments
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: product management, different internal technology product lines, or business units to drive forward results
Who we are looking for:
- Fluency in written and spoken English - it is our business language
- Rigorous about code testing and quality
- Autonomous and accountable
- Remote-centered spirit and great communicator
- Experience or interest in architecture and high-level design patterns is a bonus
Our Tech Stack
- Backend: TypeScript, testing with Jest
- Frontend: React + hooks, testing with React Testing Library, Cypress
- Storage: MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Platform: AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Kafka
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
Spendesk is the 7-in-1 spending solution built for finance teams to make faster, smarter spending decisions. Founded in 2016, Spendesk is now one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe, with over 4,000 customers and an international team of 500+ employees based in Paris, Berlin, London, Hamburg, and remote. We’ve raised over €260M from leading investors, and been named a French tech unicorn. And we’re not stopping there!
About our people & culture
We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. That’s why liberation is at the core of everything we do. We empower Spendeskers to take ownership of their work, to navigate ambiguity, and seize every opportunity. Spendeskers come from all over the world (35+ countries and counting!) but we have plenty in common: we're bold, ever-curious, committed to kindness, and tackle every challenge with a positive mindset.
About our benefits
Our culture is built on trust, empowerment, and growth — with benefits to match!
-Fully covered Oyster card for traveling to and from our new office (up to £250 monthly depending on location)
-£45 monthly wellness allowance, accruable, to be used on whatever wellness means to you - through the Ben platform
- Access to Moka.care for emotional and mental health wellbeing
- Pension scheme (on salary sacrifice): 5% employee / 5% employer (by Aviva)
- 28 days of holidays
- Latest Apple Mac equipment
- Company virtual events
- Visit our other offices: Paris, Berlin & Hamburg
- Great office snacks to fuel your day
- A positive team to work with daily!
- Vitality private health insurance (for you and your family/partner)
- Bupa private dental care
Diversity & Inclusion
At Spendesk, we're committed to fostering an environment where all differences are encouraged, supported and celebrated. We're building our culture for everyone, with everyone. Our goal is to attract and build a diverse, equal and inclusive team, where everyone feels welcome and we truly embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.