Team Lead - Engineering
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2023
This role will fall into the Public API squad, working on a greenfield project that will help in enabling Spendesk core product squads to expose their features to customers and partners via API, making sure Spendesk can integrate and interact with third party software our clients are working with.
The team is already established and in the squad you will find a Product Manager and 4 Software Engineers (Backend and Fullstack). Together you will collaborate in architecting, shaping, and implementing the best solution for our end users.
Our stack is mainly composed of Node, Fastify, React, TypeScript, MySQL & PostgreSQL, AWS (SQS, S3, Glacier, ...),Terraform & Kubernetes, and GitHub (even for the CI).
- Be the main point of contact for other squads and for the product team
- Collaborate with Engineers in defining the architecture and technical roadmap for the Public API
- Collaborate with the product managers (working on the road map, resource allocation, Tech scoping)
- Ensure the quality of the delivery of your squad
- Review PRs and designs, overview technical decisions
- Take care of the wellbeing of your squad members (mentoring , 1-1, career growth, team-building, etc.)
who we are looking for:
- You have a minimum of 5 - 6 years of software development experience
- You have at least 1 year of experience in managing and mentoring engineers
- You have strong knowledge and hands on experience with robust and scalable architecture patterns
- You have strong communication skills
- You are comfortable working on large projects and in a fast paced environment
- You are proactive and naturally suggest solution for problems you identify
- Experience in building APIs is a plus but not mandatory.
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
Spendesk is the 7-in-1 spending solution built for finance teams to make faster, smarter spending decisions. Founded in 2016, Spendesk is now one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe, with over 4,000 customers and an international team of 500+ employees based in Paris, Berlin, London, Hamburg, and remote. We’ve raised over €260M from leading investors, and been named a French tech unicorn. And we’re not stopping there!
About our people & culture
We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. That’s why liberation is at the core of everything we do. We empower Spendeskers to take ownership of their work, to navigate ambiguity, and seize every opportunity. Spendeskers come from all over the world (35+ countries and counting!) but we have plenty in common: we're bold, ever-curious, committed to kindness, and tackle every challenge with a positive mindset.
About our benefits
Our culture is built on trust, empowerment, and growth — with benefits to match!
-Fully covered Oyster card for traveling to and from our new office (up to £250 monthly depending on location)
-£45 monthly wellness allowance, accruable, to be used on whatever wellness means to you - through the Ben platform
- Access to Moka.care for emotional and mental health wellbeing
- Pension scheme (on salary sacrifice): 5% employee / 5% employer (by Aviva)
- 28 days of holidays
- Latest Apple Mac equipment
- Company virtual events
- Visit our other offices: Paris, Berlin & Hamburg
- Great office snacks to fuel your day
- A positive team to work with daily!
- Vitality private health insurance (for you and your family/partner)
- Bupa private dental care
Diversity & Inclusion
At Spendesk, we're committed to fostering an environment where all differences are encouraged, supported and celebrated. We're building our culture for everyone, with everyone. Our goal is to attract and build a diverse, equal and inclusive team, where everyone feels welcome and we truly embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
See more open positions at Spendesk
Something looks off?