Senior Data Engineer
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
As Spendesk's customer base grows and our platform scales with new features, the growth of our data team becomes increasingly crucial. We are currently seeking a Senior Data Engineer to strengthen the team further.
The team is responsible for building the data platform that serves analytics and powers the Spendesk product and internal teams by leveraging data. Our team focuses on gathering data from all sources onto the data platform to build a source of truth and provide the right tooling to teams to access and leverage data in a self-service fashion.
As a data engineer your will write reliable ETL and data models to support reporting, product and operations needs. You will write and operate resilient python applications on Kubernetes to serve online traffic.
You will advocate and promote best practices at every level, as well as anticipating growth and plan for the future therefore making sure that the data platform will scale to handle more data, more online traffic, new use cases, low latency etc..
As the data team plays a central role at Spendesk you will be responsible for identifying and driving projects with your teammates so that the team can achieve their objectives as the company and the team grows.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify business requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Design and develop data models to support business reporting and analytics needs.
- Develop and maintain ETL processes for ingesting and transforming data from various sources.
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues with our infrastructure, including data quality, ETL processes, and data pipelines.
- Drive the establishment and maintenance of best coding standards and practices, ensuring the development of efficient, scalable, and reliable data pipelines and systems.
- Mentor and guide team members, fostering their professional growth and providing technical expertise, to cultivate a high-performing and collaborative environment within the team.
- Participate in data governance initiatives to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the data.
- Actively participate in the data team's routines and enhancement plans.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in data technology and provide recommendations for improving our analytics capabilities.
Who we are looking for:
- You should have at least 3-5 years of experience in data engineering, business intelligence, or a similar role.
- Strong proficiency in Python and SQL and knowledge of database design, optimization, and maintenance.
- Strong experience with data modeling, ETL processes, and data warehousing.
- Expertise in developing and managing large-scale data flows with efficiency.
- Familiar with job orchestrators or scheduling tools like Airflow.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently
- Some experience Terraform / Kubernetes would be an advantage
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
Spendesk is the 7-in-1 spending solution built for finance teams to make faster, smarter spending decisions. Founded in 2016, Spendesk is now one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe, with over 4,000 customers and an international team of 500+ employees based in Paris, Berlin, London, Hamburg, and remote. We’ve raised over €260M from leading investors, and been named a French tech unicorn. And we’re not stopping there!
About our people & culture
We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. That’s why liberation is at the core of everything we do. We empower Spendeskers to take ownership of their work, to navigate ambiguity, and seize every opportunity. Spendeskers come from all over the world (35+ countries and counting!) but we have plenty in common: we're bold, ever-curious, committed to kindness, and tackle every challenge with a positive mindset.
About our benefits
Our culture is built on trust, empowerment, and growth — with benefits to match!
-Fully covered Oyster card for traveling to and from our new office (up to £250 monthly depending on location)
-£45 monthly wellness allowance, accruable, to be used on whatever wellness means to you - through the Ben platform
- Access to Moka.care for emotional and mental health wellbeing
- Pension scheme (on salary sacrifice): 5% employee / 5% employer (by Aviva)
- 28 days of holidays
- Latest Apple Mac equipment
- Company virtual events
- Visit our other offices: Paris, Berlin & Hamburg
- Great office snacks to fuel your day
- A positive team to work with daily!
- Vitality private health insurance (for you and your family/partner)
- Bupa private dental care
Diversity & Inclusion
At Spendesk, we're committed to fostering an environment where all differences are encouraged, supported and celebrated. We're building our culture for everyone, with everyone. Our goal is to attract and build a diverse, equal and inclusive team, where everyone feels welcome and we truly embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
See more open positions at Spendesk
Something looks off?