Senior Payment Analyst
Posted on Friday, June 23, 2023
About the Team
Within the banking tribe, you will be joining the banking operations team, based in Paris.
You will be in charge of process definition and ongoing run for all wire transfers (including major issues and individual requests).
What you'll do:
- Ongoing run:
- Day-to-day monitoring of payments (Internal Banking System and our external partners), in order to ensure both secure and high quality processing of payments, to meet customer expectations.
- Manage payment back-office tasks (analyse the payments to be validated, alert processing…)
- Second level of functional support : analyse and solve problems on transfers, working in collaboration with an incident manager
- Report and follow all bugs related to payments from the beginning until the fix action to the Product Manager and external partners (Natixis, Numeral…)
- Autonomously draft and proactively optimize payment related processes (flow, tasks, controls, KPIs) ; taking into account inputs from various stakeholders (compliance, product, and commercial teams)
- Provide expertise to support the ongoing build of our payment systems (e.g. SDD, international transfers) and associated back office
- Manage the operational relationship with our partners across the chain (e.g. SEPA processor, Direct Participant, etc.)
- Support the hiring and mentoring of a junior payment analyst
Manage issues and incidents :
Build and development :
What we are looking for:
- At least 3-4 years experience working in the payments space, ideally in a fintech
- in depth knowledge around SEPA payments (SCT ; SCT Inst ; SDD)
- nice to have : understanding of international transfers (Swift / P2P) and/or UK payment systems (FPS / BACS)
- Strong ability of balancing process build / optimisation with ongoing run in a fast paced environments
- Analytical skills (ability to break down a complex problem and find solutions)
- Track-record of collaborating with stakeholders (e.g. : product and compliance) to build and tool processes
- Communication skills vis-à-vis non expert stakeholders (other Spendeskers and customers)
- First experience in either coaching or management
- fluent english
- nice to have : working knowledge of French
Banking knowledge :
Execution and collaboration :
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
Spendesk is the 7-in-1 spending solution built for finance teams to make faster, smarter spending decisions. Founded in 2016, Spendesk is now one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe, with over 4,000 customers and an international team of 500+ employees based in Paris, Berlin, London, Hamburg, and remote. We’ve raised over €260M from leading investors, and been named a French tech unicorn. And we’re not stopping there!
About our people & culture
We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. That’s why liberation is at the core of everything we do. We empower Spendeskers to take ownership of their work, to navigate ambiguity, and seize every opportunity. Spendeskers come from all over the world (35+ countries and counting!) but we have plenty in common: we're bold, ever-curious, committed to kindness, and tackle every challenge with a positive mindset.
About our benefits
Our culture is built on trust, empowerment, and growth — with benefits to match!
- Lunch 60% funded by Spendesk (Swile Card)
- 9 RTT in 2023 on a pro-rata basis, in addition to your 25 paid holiday days
- Alan Premium health insurance
- A Gymlib pass to let off steam after a productive day at work
- Access to Moka.care for emotional and mental health wellbeing
- Access to Vendredi allowing us to change the world
- Latest Apple equipment (MacBook Air)
- Great office snacks to fuel your day
- A positive team to work with daily!
Diversity & Inclusion
At Spendesk, we're committed to fostering an environment where all differences are encouraged, supported and celebrated. We're building our culture for everyone, with everyone. Our goal is to attract and build a diverse, equal and inclusive team, where everyone feels welcome and we truly embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.