People Operations Specialist - France
People & HR, Operations
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
We are currently looking for a France Payroll Specialist in Paris, a pivotal role in our internal services team. Reporting to the People Operations Lead, you will ensure seamless and compliant payroll processing for French Spendesk employees.
- Manage end-to-end payroll processing for French employees across diverse CBAs.
- Handle manual inputs, checks, onboarding, bonuses, and payroll deductions.
- Collaborate with HR for compensation adjustments, benefit changes, and more.
- Maintain payroll accuracy and compliance with local regulations.
- Oversee Tax & Parafiscal obligations like URSSAF, OPCO, etc.
- Provide stellar service for employees' payroll inquiries.
- Control payroll accounting and reconciliation in the general ledger.
- Support payroll-related audit requests and HRIS upkeep.
What we are looking for
- Proven experience in French payroll processing.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and payroll procedures.
- Strong analytical skills for error identification and process improvement.
- Ability to handle sensitive data with discretion.
- Aptitude in understanding and communicating complex policies and procedures involving employment taxes, retirement contributions, miscellaneous employee deductions, and similar matters.
- Enthusiasm to excel in a collaborative, team-oriented, and rapidly evolving environment.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and are fluent in English
Nice to have experience
- Familiarity with Syntec or Banking Payroll systems.
- Prior involvement in HRIS maintenance.
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
Spendesk is the 7-in-1 spending solution built for finance teams to make faster, smarter spending decisions. Founded in 2016, Spendesk is now one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe, with over 4,000 customers and an international team of 500+ employees based in Paris, Berlin, London, Hamburg, and remote. We’ve raised over €260M from leading investors, and been named a French tech unicorn. And we’re not stopping there!
About our people & culture
We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. That’s why liberation is at the core of everything we do. We empower Spendeskers to take ownership of their work, to navigate ambiguity, and seize every opportunity. Spendeskers come from all over the world (35+ countries and counting!) but we have plenty in common: we're bold, ever-curious, committed to kindness, and tackle every challenge with a positive mindset.
About our benefits
Our culture is built on trust, empowerment, and growth — with benefits to match!
- Lunch 60% funded by Spendesk (Swile Card)
- 9 RTT in 2023 on a pro-rata basis, in addition to your 25 paid holiday days
- Alan Premium health insurance
- A Gymlib pass to let off steam after a productive day at work
- Access to Moka.care for emotional and mental health wellbeing
- Access to Vendredi allowing us to change the world
- Latest Apple equipment (MacBook Air)
- Great office snacks to fuel your day
- A positive team to work with daily!
Diversity & Inclusion
At Spendesk, we're committed to fostering an environment where all differences are encouraged, supported and celebrated. We're building our culture for everyone, with everyone. Our goal is to attract and build a diverse, equal and inclusive team, where everyone feels welcome and we truly embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.