Business Development Representative - UK
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2023
Placed at the beginning of the sales cycle, the Business Development Representative (BDR) main task is to create an initial point of contact and engagement with prospective financial team members. You generate qualified leads to feed the Account Executives' pipeline. You will mainly be targeting accountants, CFOs and CFOs in the UK and Irish SMB (small to medium businesses) market, with between 20 and 250 employees.
This BDR role is a perfect opportunity to make a tangible impact on the business and position yourself for excellent development opportunities within the Sales team.
This role is based in our offices in our great offices in central London.
- You will be working solely on an outbound strategy and your tasks will be as follows:
- Prospecting: Carrying out outbound prospecting campaigns (cold-calls, emails, video-mails, social selling, events, etc.) in order to create a first point of contact with the prospect and obtain an appointment.
- Qualification: Qualifying and understanding the needs of the prospect in order to be able to direct them in a consultative way towards the Spendesk solution if it is suitable.
- Collaboration: Transfer the prospect's information to the Account Executives so that they can sign up new customers.
- CRM: Monitor your performance using activity metrics from our CRM (Salesforce, Salesloft).
- Feedback: Provide feedback on a daily basis to help the Sales team continue to grow.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills and are able to interact with C-Level Finance staff.
- You're ambitious, tenacious and want nothing more than to exceed your targets.
- You like cold-calling and see it as the best way of contacting your prospects
- You're a team player at heart and willing to take risks for your team
- You speak perfect English
- Bonus: you already have experience in Sales and as an SDR/BDR
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
Spendesk is the 7-in-1 spending solution built for finance teams to make faster, smarter spending decisions. Founded in 2016, Spendesk is now one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe, with over 4,000 customers and an international team of 500+ employees based in Paris, Berlin, London, Hamburg, and remote. We’ve raised over €260M from leading investors, and been named a French tech unicorn. And we’re not stopping there!
About our people & culture
We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. That’s why liberation is at the core of everything we do. We empower Spendeskers to take ownership of their work, to navigate ambiguity, and seize every opportunity. Spendeskers come from all over the world (35+ countries and counting!) but we have plenty in common: we're bold, ever-curious, committed to kindness, and tackle every challenge with a positive mindset.
About our benefits
Our culture is built on trust, empowerment, and growth — with benefits to match!
-Fully covered Oyster card for traveling to and from our new office (up to £250 monthly depending on location)
-£45 monthly wellness allowance, accruable, to be used on whatever wellness means to you - through the Ben platform
- Access to Moka.care for emotional and mental health wellbeing
- Pension scheme (on salary sacrifice): 5% employee / 5% employer (by Aviva)
- 28 days of holidays
- Latest Apple Mac equipment
- Company virtual events
- Visit our other offices: Paris, Berlin & Hamburg
- Great office snacks to fuel your day
- A positive team to work with daily!
- Vitality private health insurance (for you and your family/partner)
- Bupa private dental care
Diversity & Inclusion
At Spendesk, we're committed to fostering an environment where all differences are encouraged, supported and celebrated. We're building our culture for everyone, with everyone. Our goal is to attract and build a diverse, equal and inclusive team, where everyone feels welcome and we truly embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.