Data Privacy Legal Counsel
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2023
Spendesk is looking for a talented Data Privacy Legal Counsel to join its legal team. The Candidate must be autonomous, proactive and comfortable with managing various and numerous tasks simultaneously while being in a fast paced environment. You would report to the Head of Legal and handle data privacy matters across Europe and the UK.The position is located in our French office (Paris). Working remotely occasionally is encouraged.
- Ensure Spendesk's ongoing compliance with data privacy legislation across Europe and in the UK such as GDPR
- Ensure operational implementation of data privacy policies
- Provide direct and practical legal advice to business teams including top management (this position has significant responsibilities with respect to complex agreements, compliance, transactions and partnerships, and global expansion as well as daily opportunities to impact critical business results)
- Provide data privacy training to employees.
Ideal Educational and professional background :
- Qualified lawyer in France;4 years minimum of post-qualification experience handling data privacy matters
- Combination of law firm and in-house experience is preferred
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/E) is preferred
- Legal knowledge related to payment services and related regulations (such as PS2D and Anti Money Laundering Directives) is a plus.
- Excellent French and English language skills that include the ability to draft complex legal briefs and exchange orally with local business partners (being able to do the same in German and/or Spanish is a plus)
- Practical business judgment and ability to qualify actual practical risk
- Team player who can effectively work with other legal counsel(s), and business clients cooperatively and efficiently
- Comfortable with stakeholder management and
- Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity.
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
Spendesk is the 7-in-1 spending solution built for finance teams to make faster, smarter spending decisions. Founded in 2016, Spendesk is now one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe, with over 4,000 customers and an international team of 500+ employees based in Paris, Berlin, London, Hamburg, and remote. We’ve raised over €260M from leading investors, and been named a French tech unicorn. And we’re not stopping there!
About our people & culture
We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. That’s why liberation is at the core of everything we do. We empower Spendeskers to take ownership of their work, to navigate ambiguity, and seize every opportunity. Spendeskers come from all over the world (35+ countries and counting!) but we have plenty in common: we're bold, ever-curious, committed to kindness, and tackle every challenge with a positive mindset.
About our benefits
Our culture is built on trust, empowerment, and growth — with benefits to match!
- Lunch 60% funded by Spendesk (Swile Card)
- 9 RTT in 2024 on a pro-rata basis, in addition to your 25 paid holiday days (for Permanent and Fixed term employees only)
- Alan Premium health insurance
- A Gymlib pass to let off steam after a productive day at work
- Access to Moka.care for emotional and mental health wellbeing
- Access to Vendredi allowing us to change the world
- Latest Apple equipment
- Great office snacks to fuel your day
- A positive team to work with daily!
Diversity & Inclusion
At Spendesk, we're committed to fostering an environment where all differences are encouraged, supported and celebrated. We're building our culture for everyone, with everyone. Our goal is to attract and build a diverse, equal and inclusive team, where everyone feels welcome and we truly embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.