Community Manager Intern / Working Student
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2024
At Spendesk, we're committed to fostering communities that empower finance professionals. As a Junior Community Manager, you will play a key role in driving the growth and development of our flagship community, CFO Connect, and other similar communities in the future. You will work closely with the Community Lead, Director of Communications, and our broader marketing team to nurture and grow the communities through strategic content creation, event planning, social media management, and more.
What you will be doing:
- Community Moderation & Engagement: Moderate, listen, and regularly engage with community members, providing them with the support and resources they need via email, Slack, events, and social media.
- Community Operations: Ensure a top-notch CFO Connect member experience, driving member engagement through high- and low-touch tools and campaigns.
- Social Media Management: Support our social media efforts and stay on top of trends and opportunities.
- Event Coordination: Help plan, coordinate and execute virtual and physical events.
- Project Support: Assist the Community Team with projects and campaigns to ensure success.
Who we are looking for:
- Enrolled student pursuing a Master degree in communication, marketing, or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (French is a plus)
- A natural passion for community building and a desire to pursue a career in marketing
- Based in Berlin
- Minimum 12 month employment contract with immediate availability
- Comfortable navigating the social media landscape with an awareness of the latest trends
- Well-organized with strong problem-solving abilities, ready to tackle challenges
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, and a keenness to learn
- Strong work ethic with a hands-on approach to tasks
- Bonus points if you have an interest or experience in B2B/SaaS/Fintech industries
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
Spendesk is the 7-in-1 spending solution built for finance teams to make faster, smarter spending decisions. Founded in 2016, Spendesk is now one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe, with over 4,000 customers and an international team of 500+ employees based in Paris, Berlin, London, Hamburg, and remote. We’ve raised over €260M from leading investors, and been named a French tech unicorn. And we’re not stopping there!
About our people & culture
We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. That’s why liberation is at the core of everything we do. We empower Spendeskers to take ownership of their work, to navigate ambiguity, and seize every opportunity. Spendeskers come from all over the world (35+ countries and counting!) but we have plenty in common: we're bold, ever-curious, committed to kindness, and tackle every challenge with a positive mindset.
About our benefits
Our culture is built on trust, empowerment, and growth — with benefits to match!
- Lunch 60% funded by Spendesk (Swile Card)
- 9 RTT in 2024 on a pro-rata basis, in addition to your 25 paid holiday days (for Permanent and Fixed term employees only)
- Alan Premium health insurance
- A Gymlib pass to let off steam after a productive day at work
- Access to Moka.care for emotional and mental health wellbeing
- Access to Vendredi allowing us to change the world
- Latest Apple equipment
- Great office snacks to fuel your day
- A positive team to work with daily!
Diversity & Inclusion
At Spendesk, we're committed to fostering an environment where all differences are encouraged, supported and celebrated. We're building our culture for everyone, with everyone. Our goal is to attract and build a diverse, equal and inclusive team, where everyone feels welcome and we truly embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.