Marketing & Communications
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
We're looking for a rockstar communicator to help Spendesk's reputation and awareness across the France, UK & Germany. This role will touch all things communications, with a primary focus on Social Listening, Social Media Management, Public Relations, and Employer Branding initiatives.
As part of the Brand & Communications team, you will work closely with the Senior Communications Manager in addition to a team of brand, content, design, and community experts to help you be successful in achieving your targets.
The ideal candidate is proactive and highly organized, with outstanding written and oral communication skills (in English, French and German are a (big) plus) and a natural pulse on trends and topics.
Social Media Strategy (30%)
- Take ownership of our social media channels (mainly LinkedIn, Twitter/X and Instagram)
- Forge a comprehensive social media strategy aligned with company goals, driving engagement and buzz within our market
- Work cross-functionally to capture the needs of different teams and curate a well organized, engaging content schedule
- Work with our Head of External Comms to develop social media strategies around Spendesk’s senior leaders
Social Listening (30%)
- Vigilantly monitor industry discourse, promptly jumping on opportunities or addressing any emerging concerns.
- Manage inbound external comments and requests on social media and review platforms, coordinating directly with the Customer - - - Care team to help our users as efficiently as possible.
- Implement crisis communication strategies, ensuring a proactive approach to potential issues.
Public Relations (30%)
- Directly assist the Senior Communications Manager in managing our media relations agencies in FR, UK, DE.
- Assist Spendesk’s senior leaders in their speaking opportunities (briefings, interviews, panels, keynotes)
- Monitor media trends to identify opportune moments for comment
- Oversee media inquiries and coverage reporting
Employer Branding (10%)
- Continuously monitor and keep up to date our employer recruiting portals and review sites
- Collaborate with the People Team to support them in their plans to bring the Employer Value Proposition to life throughout 2024
Skills and Qualifications we’re looking for:
- Proactive Approach: You have a proactive attitude towards staying updated on industry trends and news, you’re curious and you’re seeking continuous learning. You anticipate challenges and proactively develop strategies to address them before they escalate.
- Detail-Oriented Mindset: You have meticulous attention to detail and ensure accuracy in messaging, content quality, and data analysis.
- Organized & accountable: you will have plenty of coaching and mentorship from the broader marketing team but will be empowered to own your own projects and take them to the finish line.
- Storyteller: You have excellent written communication skills and you know instantly when there is a good story to tell. You find creative ways and formats to do it.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working in a team and can forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key stakeholders.
- Prior experience of 2+ years in communications, ideally for a B2B brand or in the tech industry
- Previous experience in managing Linkedin, Twitter/X, Instagram
- Proficiency in utilizing Meta Business Manager and LinkedIn Manager
- Fluent in English – French or German is a strong plus
If you're passionate about shaping narratives, navigating challenging scenarios with finesse, and driving impactful strategies across social, public relations, and employer branding, we'd love to hear from you!
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
Spendesk is the 7-in-1 spending solution built for finance teams to make faster, smarter spending decisions. Founded in 2016, Spendesk is now one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe, with over 4,000 customers and an international team of 500+ employees based in Paris, Berlin, London, Hamburg, and remote. We’ve raised over €260M from leading investors, and been named a French tech unicorn. And we’re not stopping there!
About our people & culture
We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. That’s why liberation is at the core of everything we do. We empower Spendeskers to take ownership of their work, to navigate ambiguity, and seize every opportunity. Spendeskers come from all over the world (35+ countries and counting!) but we have plenty in common: we're bold, ever-curious, committed to kindness, and tackle every challenge with a positive mindset.
About our benefits
Our culture is built on trust, empowerment, and growth — with benefits to match!
- Lunch 60% funded by Spendesk (Swile Card)
- 9 RTT in 2024 on a pro-rata basis, in addition to your 25 paid holiday days (for Permanent and Fixed term employees only)
- Alan Premium health insurance
- A Gymlib pass to let off steam after a productive day at work
- Access to Moka.care for emotional and mental health wellbeing
- Access to Vendredi allowing us to change the world
- Latest Apple equipment
- Great office snacks to fuel your day
- A positive team to work with daily!
Diversity & Inclusion
At Spendesk, we're committed to fostering an environment where all differences are encouraged, supported and celebrated. We're building our culture for everyone, with everyone. Our goal is to attract and build a diverse, equal and inclusive team, where everyone feels welcome and we truly embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.