Business Development Representative - UK
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, November 4, 2021
Let's start with a bit of context:
Spendesk officially landed on the ground in the UK in early 2020. In that time, our team has grown (3x), we've found a home in the heart of Shoreditch, and most importantly, get to spend every day speaking with the most dynamic and exciting finance leaders in the UK.
As one of Spendesk's 3 core European markets (alongside France and Germany), we have bold ambitions for our team in the UK. We know the road ahead won't always be plain sailing, so that's why we're on the look out for an SDR who is willing to, like us, dare to bring about a better way for every company to spend money.
- There should be no limits to your creativity when it comes to outbound prospecting campaigns (emails, cold calls, video-mails, social selling, events) to generate leads on well-identified target markets to achieve your monthly targets of new opportunities created.
- Own the full sales development cycle, from initial engagement to qualified opportunity (This is not a meeting booking game). Therefore you are comfortable navigating from small to medium-sized businesses to multiple stakeholders and decision makers.
- Leverage our in-house built sales methodology whilst providing feedback and ideas on new tactics and techniques that can bring future growth to Spendesk.
- Build relationships with cross-functional teams such as Customer Success, Marketing and Product to better solve your prospects problems today, and anticipate their new challenges tomorrow.
- Be the eyes and ears on the ground by helping us identify new and exciting verticals and segments for us to explore.
Who we are looking for:
- We don't care to which fancy business school you went, we are interested in smart, driven and ambitious sales players who are fearless on the phone and capable of driving results through activity.
- You have one year of experience in cold calling B2B prospects with a focus on outbound prospecting, ideally in a SMB environment
- Strong and eloquent communicator - you are able to influence your stakeholders and adapt your speech to all levels including C-Level prospects
- A great listener, this is about finding the breach and advise clients with a solution-oriented selling mindset
- Resilience: calling is like a game to you and you are always aiming for more wins
- Team player - honesty, trust and care is your second nature
How daring are you? Instead of sharing a cover letter, why don't you send us a quick video of you explaining why you are the right person for this job!
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
Spendesk is the 7-in-1 spending solution built for finance teams to make faster, smarter spending decisions. Founded in 2016, Spendesk is now one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe, with over 4,000 customers and an international team of 500+ employees based in Paris, Berlin, London, Hamburg, and remote. We’ve raised over €260M from leading investors, and been named a French tech unicorn. And we’re not stopping there!
About our people & culture
We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. That’s why liberation is at the core of everything we do. We empower Spendeskers to take ownership of their work, to navigate ambiguity, and seize every opportunity. Spendeskers come from all over the world (35+ countries and counting!) but we have plenty in common: we're bold, ever-curious, committed to kindness, and tackle every challenge with a positive mindset.
About our benefits
Our culture is built on trust, empowerment, and growth — with benefits to match!
-Fully covered Oyster card for traveling to and from our new office (up to £250 monthly depending on location)
-£45 monthly wellness allowance, accruable, to be used on whatever wellness means to you - through the Ben platform
- Access to Moka.care for emotional and mental health wellbeing
- Pension scheme (on salary sacrifice): 5% employee / 5% employer (by Aviva)
- 28 days of holidays
- Latest Apple Mac equipment
- Company virtual events
- Visit our other offices: Paris, Berlin & Hamburg
- Great office snacks to fuel your day
- A positive team to work with daily!
- Vitality private health insurance (for you and your family/partner)
- Bupa private dental care
Diversity & Inclusion
At Spendesk, we're committed to fostering an environment where all differences are encouraged, supported and celebrated. We're building our culture for everyone, with everyone. Our goal is to attract and build a diverse, equal and inclusive team, where everyone feels welcome and we truly embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
See more open positions at Spendesk
Something looks off?