Information Security Intern
We are looking for a self driven, IT-savvy and resourceful InfoSec Intern to join our team.
As the first line of defense, you are responsible for the implementation, management and assessment of security solutions for our technology platform’s services and infrastructure components against fast-evolving cyber threats. In addition, you will ensure the enforcement and consolidation of security policies, standards and guidelines in StashAway.
- Maintain, track, and update the IT risk register and control procedures to address known security vulnerabilities
- Perform assessment of controls implemented and work with respective team to remediate any deviations
- Undertake new projects to improve security controls while maintaining efficiency of operations
- Monitor security tools and services for suspicious activity and alerts
- Perform periodic review of security policies to ensure relevance
- Support compliance to the respective regulations and guidelines for Information Security and Technology Risk Management for StashAway’s international offices
- Update IT security awareness and data protection training materials
- Assist in elevating StashAway’s data protection efforts to the next maturity level
- Currently pursuing a degree/diploma related to Information Systems or Cyber Security
- Can commit to an internship period of around 3 months
- Proficiency with Cloud, Mac and Windows systems
- Outstanding analytical, quantitative and problem-solving abilities
- Self-driven, inquisitive & able to identify how you can contribute to the team
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication (presentation, written, and listening) skills
- Knowledge of programming or scripting languages is a plus (optional)
What you will learn
- You will gain an in-depth understanding of the technological infrastructure of StashAway and how to perform security reviews to protect it
- You will get exposure to various security tools and remediation techniques
- You will be familiar with cyber security policies and learn its applications in a corporate setting
- You will learn to be a thought-leader who drives technological security decisions and assess their effectiveness
Team bonding budget and initiatives
- Quarterly team bonding budget: we encourage you to socialise with colleagues across job functions, departments, and entities to know them better as individuals beyond what they professionally do.
- Annual off-site (Oct): off-site gathers all employees for a full day of company-wide team bonding activities and challenges.