As the Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of compliance within StashAway Malaysia. In addition, you will also play a key role in the Group’s compliance function. You are part of the Company’s second line of defence to support the business in ensuring compliance with applicable local laws, regulations and internal policies, and in mitigating all forms of risks.
You will directly report to the Head of Compliance and Risk who is based in Singapore, and will work closely with the Country Manager of StashAway Malaysia on local business matters.
- Manage the Compliance function for the Fund Management Company in Malaysia including overseeing the licenses and regulated activities.
- Serve as the Manager-in-Charge for the Compliance function in Malaysia and act as the Firm's Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) and work closely with the senior management team.
- Maintain effective relationships with regulatory authorities, responding to queries and requests for information in a timely and accurate manner. Collaborate with regulatory bodies to ensure ongoing compliance and foster positive engagement.
- Implement the Group's compliance strategy, frameworks, policies, and procedures in Malaysia while ensuring alignment and relevance.
- Responsible for managing the compliance risks in Malaysia and providing advisory, review, and support on all regulatory, policy, and financial crime matters.
- Lead and support business on all regulatory matters and requirements for new product launches, marketing and distribution and new initiatives taken in Malaysia.
- In addition, you will also work at the Group level in implementing Compliance Monitoring Program.
- As a key member of the central compliance team, you will be responsible to work on specific areas of compliance across all markets that StashAway operates in.
- This role will involve collaborating with various departments and teams within the group to ensure adherence to fund management regulations and internal policies.
- Undertake ad hoc compliance and risk management projects and Group-wide responsibilities as required.
- Developing and delivering training programs and managing communication with internal and external stakeholders.