Wallapop is a Barcelona based scale-up driven by the purpose to empower people to embrace a more conscious and human way of consumption. We believe in a world where collaborative economy is mainstream. This is what drives us.💫
Wallapop operates in Spain, Italy and Portugal, offering a catalogue of several hundreds of millions of products and services. Powered by technical innovation and continuous improvement, we bring together the scale & trust of classifieds with the marketplace’s convenience & reach🌱. Our mission is to enable a connected trade ecosystem, making 2nd-hand the norm through smart use of technology.
Backed by top investors such as Accel, Insight Partners & Naver Corp we bring our total valuation to 690 million EUR and are embarking on our international journey with the aim to become the world’s best unique goods trading platform.
The Challenge 🧩
We are looking for an experienced product designer to be a strategic partner for our technology and product teams. This role will work on critical strategic initiatives to improve the experience of buyers and sellers in the marketplace and foster conscious consumption.
You thrive in team settings and are aligned with our vision: We believe in an alternative way of consuming. And what we do every day is focused on creating the most powerful, easy, and best tool for real people to buy and sell second-hand stuff.
What You Will Do👇
- Partner with cross-functional leads (Product Managers, UX Research, Analysts, business and operations roles...), to scope and define design initiatives for a given product area in line with business goals.
- Participate in the work planning for digital products and services in collaboration with design managers and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Leverage sets of quantitative and qualitative data to communicate actionable insights to address user and business challenges and propose design solutions.
- Lead and execute medium to complex design projects from interaction concepts to the smallest details across all platforms. Own the end-to-end design process from the very early research to the beautiful final UI and specs. Work across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- Communicate design thinking process and propose design solution in an articulate way
- Collaborate with the design team on global execution, guidelines, and approvals. Contribute to the creation of a consistent experience for Wallapop users.
- Guide other designers or product roles in developing knowledge and skills to improve collaboration.
- Help define and develop best UX practice standards.
What We’re Looking For 🔍
- You have a long term track of experience designing digital products, in particular but not exclusively, for mobile devices.
- Experience in interaction design methods such as wireframing, concept models, scenarios and user flows. Can communicate vision and ideas with different artifacts.
- Expert level in Figma, our product design tool of choice. Experience with other product design tools like Sketch, Invision, Zeplin or the Adobe suite is a nice to have. Prototyping experience in Marvel, Principle or Origami is a plus.
- You have “user-centric / people-focused” mind. You always try to hone your amazing ideas through users real feedback. Whether through hands-on user research or by working on different options for an A/B test.
- You have experience contributing as a core designer on teams working on user-centred experiences, products, and services
- You have experience applying design thinking in an agile environment
- You are an excellent team player and a great communicator. You feel comfortable interacting with everyone. Even users. You love your users. You bring them into your office to let them tell you that your design doesn’t work.
- Fluent in Spanish and English. Other languages a plus.
What Would Be A Plus
- Detail oriented: you obsess over perfect margins and harmony between elements on a device screen.
- Experience in marketplace/e-commerce product design end-to-end cycle.
- You have served as a mentor in an area of expertise to junior or mid-designers.
Do note that all our jobs are Barcelona based. We work in a mostly remote capacity offering great flexibility to our employees, but we believe in the power of getting together regularly in our office. As a first iteration, we expect a 4+ day/month office attendance for which the specifics are decided on a team level.
Wallapop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees as we want Wallapop to be a place for everyone.
We sponsor visa processes for international candidates when applicable and provide legal & admin support along the process combined with a competitive relocation package.
Additionally to the opportunity to contribute to an agile product set up and work together towards achieving our meaningful mission, we offer the following 🍭 Perks & Benefits:
- Group and individual English & Spanish lessons as part of our working day
- Private Health Insurance with Cigna
- Flexible working hours + short Fridays
- Flexible remuneration to deduct from gross salary (kindergarten/food/transport check)
- Gym & Wellness plan, including physiotherapist in the office
- Generous referral Program & Charity Donation
- Wallapop Renta (Tax income support)
- Monthly plan for free shipping, bumps & home-pick-up on our services
- Workiversary Gifts and Birthday Surprises
- Contribution towards your WIFI in your monthly payroll
- One-off payment based on compensation package to go towards setting up your home office
- Relocation package (monetary support and legal advice) and visa sponsorship, if applicable
- 26 holidays per year
- TOP hardware of your choice (latest Apple or Windows)
What does the hiring process for this position look like? 👀
**Please, note that all interviews take place remotely over hangouts.**
Intro Call - run by talent acquisition, focus on providing more information about the role and the company as well as going over your experience, motivation, and expectations. This usually takes 45-60 minutes.
Portfolio submission - you choose a case study you think best exemplifies how you partner with product teams to build digital products and share a presentation with us.
Expertise interview - you present the case study to the Product Design & Research hiring team. 15 minutes of presentation + 45 minutes of specific questions focusing on hard skills and domain knowledge required for the role.
Stakeholder interview - run by relevant stakeholders across other functions and design peers. The focus will be on assessing your ability to apply your skillset collaborating with other functions to the Wallapop context.This usually takes 60 minutes.
Culture-Add Interview - run by culture interviewers, focus on adherence to Wallapop's purpose and business proposition. This usually takes 60 minutes.
Offer - should you be the right candidate, your offer will be discussed over a call with talent acquisition and will then be confirmed in writing.