Trust & Safety Manager
Wallapop is a Barcelona based scale-up driven by the purpose to empower people to embrace a more conscious and human way of consumption. We believe in a world where collaborative economy is mainstream. This is what drives us. 💫
Wallapop operates in Spain, Italy and Portugal, offering a catalogue of several hundreds of millions of products and services. Powered by technical innovation and continuous improvement, we bring together the scale & trust of classifieds with the marketplace’s convenience & reach. 🌱 Our mission is to enable a connected trade ecosystem, making 2nd-hand the norm through smart use of technology.
Backed by top investors such as Accel, Insight Partners & Naver Corp we bring our total valuation to 690 million EUR and are embarking on our international journey with the aim to become the world’s best unique goods trading platform.
The Challenge 🧩
As the Trust and Safety Manager you will be part of the Community Operations team. This highly visible and influential role will collaborate with product, business stakeholders, operations and cross functional teams. You will demonstrate strong executive presence in representing the organization and effortlessly navigate from strategic to tactical issues.
In this role you will lead a team of Fraud and Content Integrity analysts focused on building efficiency and scale for Fraud Prevention and Content Moderation. You will play a key role in developing the trust and safety vision and strategy, and be a strategic leader with the ability to work closely with external and internal stakeholders to promote safety, inclusion and respect across Wallapop.
As an ideal candidate, you are a data-driven decision maker, who has deep level knowledge of global online safety, and an excellent ability to cultivate partnerships and collaborate with cross-functional teams. In addition, you are an authentic and humble leader that cares personally but also communicates transparently.
What You Will Do 👇
- Provide leadership to a talented team of Fraud and Content Integrity analysts, helping to ensure the team sets clear priorities, manages its time effectively, and creates efficient processes to avoid forbidden content and prevent fraudulent activity.
- Facilitate career paths, mentoring and professional development of the analysts.
- Deep dive into the trust & safety industry landscape, conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis that lead to action-items for the team in efficiency improvement
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and coordinate with operations to execute accordingly.
- Build consensus with product, engineering, operations, customer experience to define our approach to prevent fraudulent activity
- Partner with key stakeholders on cross-functional initiatives to support company growth initiatives while ensuring Wallapop remains a safe marketplace for its users. Keep stakeholders informed internally and externally
- Partner with product and engineering to develop an aligned roadmap for the trust and safety team
- Monitor and manage cost structure. Run budget forecasts and regular reviews.
What We’re Looking For 🔎
- 3+ years of experience leading, managing and motivating teams. You have proven experience building and developing winning teams.
- You have deep level knowledge of global online safety and abuse matters.
- You have ideally 3 years of experience working in Trust and Safety in the tech industry or similar.
- You insist on proof in data, making assessments and solving problems using data.
- You have strong practical experience with Excel and SQL.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a similar discipline within the technology domain (nice to have).
- You are fluent in both English and Spanish.
Do note that all our jobs are 📍 Barcelona based. We work in a mostly remote capacity offering great flexibility to our employees, but we believe in the power of getting together regularly in our office. As a first iteration, we expect a 4+ day/month office attendance for which the specifics are decided on a team level.
🌈 Wallapop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees as we want Wallapop to be a place for everyone.
We sponsor visa processes for international candidates when applicable and provide legal & admin support along the process combined with a competitive relocation package.
Additionally to the opportunity to contribute to an agile product set up and work together towards achieving our meaningful mission, we offer the following 🍭 Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive phantom shares package for all employees
- Generous individual learning budget of 2k per year
- Group and individual English, Catalan & Spanish lessons as part of our working day
- Private Health Insurance with Cigna
- Flexible working hours + short Fridays
- Flexible remuneration to deduct from gross salary (kindergarten/food/transport check)
- Gym & Wellness plan, including physiotherapist in the office
- Generous referral Program & Charity Donation
- Extended newborn & adoption leave
- Bonus for weddings & newborns
- Wallapop Renta (Tax income support)
- Monthly plan for free shipping, bumps & home-pick-up on our services
- Workiversary Gifts and Birthday Surprises
- Contribution towards your WIFI in your monthly payroll
- One-off payment based on compensation package to go towards setting up your home office
- Relocation package (monetary support and legal advice) and visa sponsorship, if applicable
- 26 holidays per year
- TOP hardware of your choice (latest Apple or Windows)
What does the hiring process for this position look like? 👀
**Please, note that all interviews take place remotely over hangouts.**
1) Intro Call - run by talent acquisition, focus on providing more information about the role and the company as well as going over your experience, motivation, and expectations. This usually takes 45-60 minutes.
2) Expertise & Leadership Interview - run by the hiring team, focus on the required core skills, the ability to deliver in a given context and leadership skills aligned with the role requirements.. This usually takes 60-90 minutes. You will be assigned a task to submit within 5 up to 7 days where you will be able to showcase your expertise / technical skills required for the role.
3) Stakeholder Interview - run by relevant stakeholders reflecting the reality of the context of the role, focus on the ability to collaborate & deliver in a cross-functional set-up. This usually takes 60 minutes.
4) Culture-Add Interview - run by culture interviewers, focus on adherence to Wallapop's purpose and business proposition. This usually takes 60 minutes.
5) Offer - should you be the right candidate, your offer will be discussed over a call with talent acquisition and will then be confirmed in writing.