Wallapop is a Barcelona based scale-up driven by the purpose to empower people to embrace a more conscious and human way of consumption. We believe in a world where collaborative economy is mainstream. This is what drives us💫.
Wallapop operates in Spain, Italy and Portugal, offering a catalogue of several hundreds of millions of products and services. Powered by technical innovation and continuous improvement, we bring together the scale & trust of classifieds with the marketplace’s convenience & reach. Our mission is to enable a connected trade ecosystem, making 2nd-hand the norm through smart use of technology.
Backed by top investors such as Accel, Insight Partners & Naver Corp we bring our total valuation to 690 million EUR and are embarking on our international journey with the aim to become the world’s best unique goods trading platform.
The Challenge 🧩
As an Analytics Manager, you will lead a team of data and analytics roles embedded in a product tribe with the challenge of becoming the bridge between raw data and actionable strategy. Effective communication and collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders are essential to ensure that our product not only meets but exceeds our users expectations. By discovering new opportunities and identifying friction points using data and insights, you will contribute to make Wallapop the leading online marketplace.
You’ll be part of a growing Data & Analytics chapter (30+ people and counting) reporting to the Director of Data and Analytics.
What You Will Do👇
- Coordinate, prioritize work and distribute analytical resources within the tribe
- Align with other stakeholders like marketing, engineering or business to provide a holistic approach to tribe’s data ensuring quality and usability
- Collaborate with other Data and Analytics leads to define and foster adoption of best practices, frameworks and processes
- Effectively communicate results, opportunities and product/business impact of initiatives both within and outside of the tribe
- Lead and manage strategical core analytics projects
- Contribute on tribe main metrics definition, reporting and their insights
- Recruit, lead and develop a team of data professionals and ensure motivation and performance
- Align on ways of working with tribe and topic teams members
- Actively participate on strategy and tribe vision development
- Partner with tribe's stakeholder to foster and promote a culture of experimentation
- Evangelize on good and impactful use of data through training courses, documentation, presentations, etc.
What We’re Looking For 🔎
- You have experience leading analytics or data science or similar teams (ideally +2 years) preferably in e-commerce or online marketplaces industry. Equivalent and demonstrable leadership experience as an individual contributor will also be considered
- You have a strong analytical mindset and a proven ability to think strategically to identify opportunities for improvement based on data-driven insights
- Proven ability to establish and nurture strong relationships with stakeholders across various departments
- You have a track record of influencing decision-making processes through compelling data-driven narratives.
- You excel on the use of analytical tools (i.e. Looker, Amplitude, etc) and languages (proficiency in SQL is mandatory)
- You are familiar with experimentation concepts, tooling and methodologies
- You have very strong verbal English communication skills (Spanish is a plus)
- You have positive attitude, excellent problem solving and critical thinking
- Quality driven, attention to detail and pragmatic
- Excellent storytelling skills, adaptable and eager to learn
- Experience in predictive modelling (MMM, forecasting, LTV, etc)
What Would Be A Plus 🚀
- Experience with product analytics methodologies will be highly valued (tracking, event-based analysis, etc.)
- Experience working with tools and frameworks from our stack (airflow, dbt, luigi, Looker, Amplitude, etc..)
- Hands-on experience and in depth knowledge of experimentation, especially A/B testing
Do note that all our jobs are 📍 Barcelona based. We work in a mostly remote capacity offering great flexibility to our employees, but we believe in the power of getting together regularly in our office. As a first iteration, we expect a 4+ day/month office attendance for which the specifics are decided on a team level.
Wallapop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees as we want Wallapop to be a place for everyone.
We sponsor visa processes for international candidates when applicable and provide legal & admin support along the process combined with a competitive relocation package.
Additionally to the opportunity to contribute to an agile product set up and work together towards achieving our meaningful mission, we offer the following 🍭 Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive phantom shares package for all employees
- Generous individual learning budget of 2k per year
- Group and individual English, Catalan & Spanish lessons as part of our working day
- Private Health Insurance with Cigna
- Flexible working hours + short Fridays
- Flexible remuneration to deduct from gross salary (kindergarten/food/transport check)
- Gym & Wellness plan, including physiotherapist in the office
- Generous referral Program & Charity Donation
- Bonus for weddings & newborns
- Wallapop Renta (Tax income support)
- Monthly plan for free shipping, bumps & home-pick-up on our services
- Workiversary Gifts and Birthday Surprises
- Contribution towards your WIFI in your monthly payroll
- One-off payment based on compensation package to go towards setting up your home office
- Relocation package (monetary support and legal advice) and visa sponsorship, if applicable
- 26 holidays per year
- TOP hardware of your choice (latest Apple or Windows)
What does the hiring process for this position look like? 👀**Please, note that all interviews take place remotely over hangouts.**
Intro Call - run by talent acquisition, focus on providing more information about the role and the company as well as going over your experience, motivation, and expectations. This usually takes 45-60 minutes.
Technical Task + Case Study - you will be assigned a test that consists of an online coding challenge + a practical case to solve in order to assess the technical skills required for the role. You will have 5 up to 7 days to complete both parts. If the feedback is positive you will more forward to the next stage.
Expertise & Leadership Interview - run by the hiring team, focus on the required core skills and the ability to deliver in a given context and leadership skills. This usually takes 90 minutes.
Stakeholder Interview - run by relevant stakeholders reflecting the reality of the context of the role, focus on the ability to collaborate & deliver in a cross-functional set-up. This usually takes 60 minutes.
Culture-Add Interview - run by culture interviewers, focus on adherence to Wallapop's purpose and business proposition. This usually takes 60 minutes.
Offer - should you be the right candidate, your offer will be discussed over a call with talent acquisition and will then be confirmed in writing.